
A few months ago I was shopping at the mall and I was at a department store checking out and noticed stuff animal with the word WEBKINZ above it. I automatically figured out that these little stuffed animals must have something to do with the internet but what I thought to myself? After I noticed these little cute animals I kept hearing the word WEBKINZ everywhere. After much investigation I learned that WEBKINZ are the cool thing now with any kid under the age of 14. I think this is even bigger than Hannah Montana and The Jonas Brothers. Basically what you do is buy the stuffed animal that comes with a secret code, log onto their website and adopt your pet. You can buy as many as you want. Once you adopt your pet, you can name it, design a room for it, play games, and even win something called Kinzcash which you can buy toys, furniture and clothes for your pet. Could this possibly be an answer for kids who want pets and never take care of them by not walking them or feeding them? You just get on the internet to take care of your little animals and can do it day or night.
Now when I was a kid, we didn’t get to sit in front of a computer all day long. We had to be outside swimming, hiking, playing ball. The world of the web is taking over. You can do anything you want on the internet now. I never found out what happens to your pets. Can they pass on? Can someone else adopt them? What if you don’t want to take care of them anymore? I have to meet up with someone in that age range and found out about the end result? I am assuming that this is mostly fun for girls because I have only heard girls talking about it. All I have to wonder is what can they possibly come up with next??
No comments:
Post a Comment