
Popular culture is something that is popular in the present. Whether it be an object, an icon, music, etc. To me, popular cultures is what everyone wants, or needs to know about in the now.
I believe that popular culture is relevant in a business environment so that you can keep current on technology, entertainment, advertising. It's important in business to know what the hype is at the time, especially with technology.
The artifact I chose to be an example of pop culture is the Blackberry. I chose this artifact because it's part of the current trend in technology. Everyone is using them, especially in business. This isn't just a cell phone, it's a tiny computer that gives you access as if you were sitting in front of your desktop. The Blackberry features include a camera with video, WI-FI, spellchecker, viewing of microsoft word, excel, and powerpoint. It also offers a calendar, MPD music, GPS Navigator capable, and a suretype keyboard. It's a perfect example of how far along technology has come in this day.
This artifact is definitely a part of pop culture in the present.
No comments:
Post a Comment