Sunday, August 3, 2008

Assignment 5-1 BLOGGING

As a student taking the course Popular Culture, I have been instructed for the past 5 weeks to write an analysis and post it to my blog. This is how popular blogging has become that we are even using it for school assignments. If you are reading this and wondering “What is a blog?”, I will tell you. A blog is a journal that is online, it can be personal, for school purposes, or even work purposes. You can write about anything you want and is mostly based on personal feelings and views that can be shared with friends, family and even strangers.
I have read friends blogs before and I have read blogs from complete strangers. I am intrigued by this activity that is sweeping computers everywhere. I enjoy learning what other people’s thoughts are and their feelings. I have only blogged online for school so I am not familiar with the feeling you get from spilling your guts over the computer, but I bet it’s great. To be able to talk about anything you want and tell your true feelings without someone interrupting would be a good way to get things off of your shoulders and is possibly a stress reliever. Anyone who blogs knows that someone else is reading what they are writing and you are drawing interest from others along with telling a story.
I recently read a blog of a person I know of (never met) thru another friend. This person recently became connected to his birth mother after being adopted 32 years ago. His story was inspiring and had me hooked after the first blog I read. I ended up reading 15 days of his life after reading the first post and I felt like I knew him from doing so. I have also read a blog from a mother who has a child similar to mine and tells her feelings in the blog. I connected with her and was so proud of her for saying the things I never could say. She helped me to realize it’s okay to have feelings of doubt and questions about your future and still be able to live today for today.
Blogging for some people may seem to personal, as if you wouldn’t want to share your private feelings with the entire internet community, but I believe it is therapeutic and as mentioned above, helpful to others without realizing it.
After my Popular Culture class, I may start a blog of my daily or weekly happenings and the feelings that surround me.

No comments: